Are there always wiring diagrams in a workshop manual ?

• In principle, there is the workshop manual (9 folders) there is everything in it that you need. To buy individual folders makes no sense. Since they refer only to the circuit diagrams on the exact 928 so model year + country of delivery. Everything else has always been expanded and the pages added. So there is for example no workshop folder that deals only with the 928 S. The later the issue of the folder was the more models are also dealt with. Of course, why should an early workshop folder deal with the GTS, which did not exist at that time.

The gray ones are the reprints that were available from Porsche. The red ones are the ones from the workshops.

Circuit diagrams look like this in the folder

And for the later models the original Bosch KTS is worthwhile.

I personally have never needed the Bosch tester although I have been driving my Kübel for 20 years.

When buying the tester, you should make sure that the software for the Porsche models is on it. Because otherwise you have only a tester with which you can not do anything.

Greetings Roy :wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Good evening all,

I have asked Porsche and the folders are available for 500€. Only the volume 9 (electrical) is no longer available. Now, of course, the question is whether the investment is worth it. What do you think and what are your experiences on the subject?

Greetings, Torsten

928 GT,1991, schwarz-metallic, dunkles Leder

• Well, there are things that become cheaper at Porsche over the years.

I bought my set (9 volumes) about 10 years ago for exactly Eur 1000.

If you want to repair or service "important" components, you need a lot of information that is in the repair guide. Some things are missing, probably therefore the name "guide".

Whether it is worth it, everyone must decide for themselves, because it depends on what I want to do everything myself.

I can say for myself, without the RLF I would not have been able to do a lot of work or otherwise have to ask "too" many questions here in the forum.

Gruß Walter

928 MJ 79 - Strosek -Schalter

928 S4 MJ 88- Automat

928 S4 MJ 89 - Automat - Restaurierungsobjekt

928 GTS MJ93-Automat

987 S - Schalter- Sommerfahrzeug

• ... Only volume 9 (electrical) is no longer available. Now, of course, the question is whether the investment is worth it. What do you think and what are your experiences on the subject?

Greetings, Torsten

I had understood that the "normal" workshop manual already contains some electrical descriptions ? How minimal is that, if there is an extra folder "electrics" ?

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Bumper der US - Ausführung, sonst original

• Hi Thorsten,

somehow things are getting mixed up here, my original guide (red) is organized like Roy's (gray), though I rearranged the schematics a bit:

Division Repair Guide:

Folder 1 Volume I Drive Unit

Folder 2 Volume Ia Power unit

Folder 3 Volume II Power transmission

Folder 4 Volume III Power transmission

Folder 5 Volume IV Chassis / Heating / Air conditioning

Folder 6 Volume V Body / Vehicle electrics

Folder 7 Volume VI Wiring diagrams original model and S

Folder 8 Volume VII Wiring diagrams as of model 87 S4

Folder 9 Volume VIII Wiring diagrams as of model 92 GTS

As this document has grown over the model years, there have been continuous supplements ... the last update I know of was supplement 32.

Now if you don't have a 928 from 1994 or 1995 (same technology), you may be able to live with the previous versions up to your model.

Special topics were covered in the annual publications 'Customer Service Information Models' or for technical topics in those of the 'Customer Service School'. How many of these there are, I do not know ... in any case these booklets explain some things very detailed. If there were technical changes in the series, there was a 'Technical Information' about it ... I have seen one like that ... No. 4 from 5.1.1978 ... a page with assembly instructions for the Porsche ski holder. If someone has all these documents for the 928 is questionable ... if you need them, too.

Greetings

Richard

1995 ... letzte Stufe der Evolution ... zeitloses Design in Perfektion ... handgeschaltet

• Just had a cursory look at the above tables of contents = Super

You should do the following: Prepare a separate laptop for Porsche purposes only and upload everything there that you might need - starting with RHB......

For this, there are massive links for sensible ways to, for example, replace the diaphragms of the vacuum cans without disassembling the whole car.

Many or improbably many instructions are available from the US Boys...... with adjustable translation to German, if one is not so saddle-firm of the English any more.......

The best way to start is via the collected works of Theo.

Grüße
    Joe

- 928 S4 ( J ) 360 cui / ATG / Bosch red devils, Porkensioner, Liphardt 200er, Bilstein B6, Eibach /dp Fwk a la CS, SharkVent Xtreme

• You can also drive your car for 20 years then you have practically every screw on the car already once in the hand had. :lol: The Werstatthandbuch (as above in the picture (post 11) which I sell by the way soon (the tester is already gone, or reserved) is simply too full. You can hardly fold down the individual pages. I mostly copied the pages I needed before so it doesn't look like crap.

Greetings Roy :wink:

• Hello all,

can fully agree with Roy ... had also tried a year ago to sell my Bosch KTS with Porsche module from 1995 ... but since there is Theos Tool cheaper, this is difficult and only what for 'original freaks'.

With the repair manual, after sorting the respective addendum, you can partially dispose of the previous version. If you don't do that, the folder sometimes actually gets too full ... and for use in the workshop I have some copies in another 'active' folder, which is also a bit dirtier than the original.

Greetings

Richard

1995 ... letzte Stufe der Evolution ... zeitloses Design in Perfektion ... handgeschaltet