Are there always wiring diagrams in a workshop manual ?

• Or do you have to ask the provider for more information ?

This post has been automatically translated.

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Bumper der US - Ausführung, sonst original

• Which workshop manual are you talking about?

There are 3 full folders of only wiring diagrams in the original workshop manual Volume VI,Volume VII and Volume VIII.

Greetings Roy :wink:

• Hi Thorsten,

in principle yes....but after the manuals - similar to the vehicles for it - have passed through x hands in the meantime, the schematic(s) or folder(s) may have been taken out once without the later owners noticing.

The same applies to physical or digital copies of the manual.

VG
    Thommy

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• Which workshop manual are you talking about?

There are 3 full folders of only wiring diagrams in the original workshop manual Volume VI,Volume VII and Volume VIII.

Greeting Roy :wink:

Well, we are specifically talking about the 1978 Uri workshop manual.

I noticed that there is for example the "general workshop manual" for the 928 and an edition that looks the same but with the addition "for the repair of aluminum parts" (but now I do not know the year of manufacture).

Thereby I noticed that there are "special additional manuals". And that probably individual things in the "normal" workshop manual is just not in it, on which an additional goes into more detail. . - I am primarily concerned with the electrical system.

Since I want to find out first whether possibly there related to the electrics possibly some missing, which is then perhaps in an additional workshop manual "electrics" maybe in it. ?:-(

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Edited once, last by Winkler123 (October 9, 2022 at 4:37 AM).

• Hello Thorsten

I do not know a special workshop manual for electrics.

But there are some additional manuals for the electrics

e.g.: Document 4567.10.....Elektrik 928- Band 1,2,3....Druckdatum 12.12.1978...Basics to the electrics and explanation div. electrical systems

or document 4547.10...Elektrik 928 up to MJ84...date of printing 10.1983...construction, function, circuitry

also there are more than 200 customer service information ( from MJ 78 to 95), which gave instructions to the workshops to current problems/rework, but the majority are mechanical topics.

Gruß Walter

928 MJ 79 - Strosek -Schalter

928 S4 MJ 88- Automat

928 S4 MJ 89 - Automat - Restaurierungsobjekt

928 GTS MJ93-Automat

987 S - Schalter- Sommerfahrzeug

• Hello Thorsten

e.g.: Document 4567.10.....Elektrik 928- Band 1,2,3....Druckdatum 12.12.1978...Basics to the electrics and explanation div. electrical systems

or document 4547.10...Elektrik 928 up to MJ84...date of printing 10.1983...construction, function, circuitry

Hello. How do I get these documents ?

Gruß, Thorsten

• I would also be very interested in this, partly there are PDFs in English, but where can I find more manuals and information?

Greetings

928 GT,1991, schwarz-metallic, dunkles Leder

• They don't actually exist, or I haven't found them yet.

I have all the manuals in the folder here and also do not have the

pressure to find them on the net.

It would be a lot of work to scan all of them,

Greetings Gerd

Porsche 928 GTS 1.Hand mitternachtsblau

Porsche 928 S4 taubenblau

Mercedes 250SE W111Coupe with Matching Numbers Silber
    Mercedes 300CE W124 blauschwarz met

Mercedes 420 SE W126 silbermet

Chrysler Crossfire Cabrio schwarz
    Mercedes 500SL smaragdschwarz
    Fiat Barchetta schwarzmet.

• These documents were only available for Porsche authorized workshops. In the course of workshop liquidations, some came on the market.

I have bought my collection over the years at classic car fairs, partly also on ebay.

At this fair, which is running this weekend, I bought quite a few:

https://www.classicexpo.at/de/

Gruß Walter

928 MJ 79 - Strosek -Schalter

928 S4 MJ 88- Automat

928 S4 MJ 89 - Automat - Restaurierungsobjekt

928 GTS MJ93-Automat

987 S - Schalter- Sommerfahrzeug

• Good morning all,

I have seen that there is a lot on ebay. With the prices called, I ask myself only the question of whether the purchase is worth it, since you can not look beforehand. The purchase on appropriate fairs seems to me quite more meaningful.

Greetings

928 GT,1991, schwarz-metallic, dunkles Leder