Remove foil rear doors at the bottom??

• Hello together,

at the Panamera(also at the other models like 911) there is a stone protection foil at the rear doors.

This film could be useful, but at first glance, it looks like there would be a scratch.

This is just the cut edge of the film.

Are there any who have taken these foils off, or am I the first to be bothered by this?

I'm not sure if I should make it go away or not....

This post has been automatically translated.

• Why should there be a "cut edge" there? The film is probably prefabricated at the factory and not just cut to size on the vehicle. You will certainly see a "dirty edge", but it should be possible to polish it away.

• ...Yes, that's right!

Is more of a dirty edge than a cut edge.

Have already made it once properly clean.

But after the first wash it was then also immediately visible again, because there halt about foam residues etc. hang.

It is also not always visible, depending on how the light comes on it.

Only if you know it once, you look again and again dadrau.

• Ok, now the penny has dropped for me. I thought you had removed the film and then the edge bothered you. In fact, it's probably the "white" edge of the film itself that bothers you. Unfortunately, you can't get rid of it, because the film will have a decent thickness, otherwise it won't be of any use.

You have to live with that. However, this is also particularly noticeable with your color. With mine in chalk I have not seen that so to speak.

• I must say that this foil edge is also extremely annoying. I see them since the first second and also thought at first that it is a scratch.

....und I also have chalk, but maybe mine is also just always dirtier than that of Markus F 😉

• Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that bothers.

Just ask me why one makes this film at the back of the doors, but not at the front of the fender / hood!

Front come but more stone chips on it???

• I was so annoyed with my white 970 that I pulled off the foil. That was a bit of work, but it was worth it. Best to blow dry well warm and then pull off gaaaanz slowly. I drove a good year without the film and still had no stone chip damage there.

My Taycan also has a film there, but I have not yet noticed anything negative on the gray car.