Water ingress behind center console

• Seats out is no problem (4 screws 1 plug (Attention then no longer ignition on otherwise beckons an error entry in the control unit. I have saved me the work to remove the entire center console but the carpet with a Holzkonstuktion underbuilt to dry.

The drains in the front of the trunk all removed and shortened a bit so that they are always somewhat open, so they can not clog more :thumbsup:

This post has been automatically translated.

Porsche Boxster 2,7 weitere Fahrzeuge VW T5 Mulitivan 2,5TDI, Astra K ST 1,4T, KTM RC8, KTM 1290 Super Adventure S.

• So... both seats out today. Carpet on both sides gone.... Seats again purely.

Now I will drive first ihne carpet and observe where exactly the water comes out over. Both carpets were under water. At least at the deepest point of the tub. There are also rust spots.

Photo of the air conditioning pipes make soon times. Is under the particle filter. Have there at the moment cloths hingefriemelt. On the weekend it should rain. Then I drive a big round. The areas of the doors and all side panels, even behind the seat are dry. It doesn't look like they were ever wet.

I suspect the two wiring harness ducts on both sides under the dashboard and the air conditioning duct seal. This is only made of foam. And the second, more modest suspicion are the seals in the water tank to the interior. That would probably be the worst case.

• Short update:

Today times in the car wash without carpets. Result..... on both sides loose half a unit of water!

I fear a leaking windshield, because on both sides the same amount of water.

Does anyone have experience with this?

The carpets are so good that they can hide even the biggest puddles! I don't want to know how many Boxsters are incontinent and no one notices. Until it rusts through

• Half a bucket of water per side is already a lot. Do not think that is the window. Also, you would have to have massive wind noise while driving with the top and windows closed,

• Hope to hear about the cause

Lg

Joschy

• I fear a leaking windshield, since on both sides equally much water.

Have the windows been changed recently? No pane that has been glued in will loosen on its own.

You've also noticed that water is leaking into the air conditioning lines. Have you simply sealed them?

And please, take pictures! You can't expect anyone to disassemble their 986 for you to see exactly what it looks like in the water tank.

It has some openings in the body that are normally sealed.

Greetz

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Yesterday I watered the water tank. No water ingress. Then I watered the window with a watering can. Massive water ingress. I sealed the area around the air conditioning pipes with cloths for the time being.

In the next days I will remove the wipers and the plastic cover below the windshield. Maybe a sealing nipple is missing somewhere.

Photos I will make then also

Here is a video I shot.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Error found!!!!!!!

See for yourself. On the photos you can see the result of a Mader. Unfortunately I can't find this foam mat in the parts catalog. This is under the wind deflector below the windshield.

On the 3rd photo you can see the air conditioning ducts and the duct which is only sealed with foam.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could plug this hole?

Thanks!!!

• It's good that you found the error.

It's clear that buckets of water are leaking in. ;)

Please make sure that everything is properly dry before you reassemble the 986.