High beam assistance not available

• Nope. But as far as I can remember the high beam control is controlled by the camera in the rear view mirror. Did you have a windshield change and the camera was not recalibrated? Or is the place on the camera maybe dirty or damaged so that the camera can not see anything?

Otherwise, go to the PZ to read the error and if you still have warranty or Approved repair. Since you can not do anything yourself I think.

This post has been automatically translated.

• Is a diesel, so probably nothing more with warranty.

I just wonder why you make the photos at >100 km / h, if the message comes when starting already ;)

• The windshield was cleaned by Porsche, error still exists.

Porsche wants to keep the car now times 2 days there for troubleshooting.

Let's see, I thought maybe there is a simple solution. :)

The first message was 100km/h, diesel doesn't go more than 110km/h. ;)

At least I have a consumption from 5.5 liters of diesel ...

Would have given the diesel yes but have now figured out how I can turn off the start stop, is just annoying ... (but another topic) ;)

• All good, nothing against the diesel. I would have taken one if I could still get it registered as a new car in 2018.

I'm curious to see what it is. Keep us posted please.

• I just noticed something else:

Your photos were taken during the day, i.e. the high beam assistant is not yet active because no headlights are switched on or it is not yet dark enough for it. If the driver notices at this point that the high beam assistant is not working, then something else must be wrong. Normally, he only notices the error when he wants to put the system into operation.

• Hello again and thank you for the answers.

Earlier on the highway the message PCM is limited available and I should but please turn on the ignition :) When I drive on the highway is the ignition I think on ;)

• The message actually means that changes were made and the ECU was not coded correctly. Either you have changed something or the control unit has been damaged.

Since that meanwhile everything appears shortly after each other, randomly but can also be a cable damage, bad connector connection, ground fault, short circuit or even cold solder joints on the control unit possible. Since nowadays no one goes on the search for errors I guess that now blindly one after the other is exchanged. I hope for you that you have Approved otherwise it will be expensive.

• I apply for a grant from the state, at the moment everyone gets money who opens his hands :)

• I am curious about the troubleshooting. Was there no error code when read out at the PZ?

Normally it is due to the front camera. Since the FLA in Porsche usually also includes the crossing light, GPS signals from the PCM are also processed. A simple calibration of the camera will probably not be enough.

The PCM seems to have some kind of problem as you can see above, where component protection looks like a problem with power supply or temperature.

Keep us posted on how it turns out....