What all was done on or for the Shark today?

• Moin

The headliner is "glued" to the sunroof cut-out under the strip that can be unscrewed from above in the front area with a permanently elastic sealing compound (similar to bodywork sealant). It can be carefully removed by heating it up like chewing gum.

This is also described here or on rennlist in threads on the subject of removing the headliner

Greetings Christoph

This post has been automatically translated.

• Good morning Christoph,

Thank you for your answer, that's exactly what I need. Then my question has been answered and I can possibly take the roof down to check how it looks underneath and clean the sunroof as a precaution.

Thank you very much and have a nice Sunday.

Torsten

928 GT,1991, schwarz-metallic, dunkles Leder

• It is not only glued to the front strip but all around. So if you want to remove the headlining, unscrew both front and rear strips and both guide rails.

Gruß Ludger

Rettet die Grotten, weg mit den Schrottpressen

928 GTS Kompressor

(928 S4 Bj 89 Automatik) vekauft
    928 S2 Bj 85 Automatik Umbau DP - Motorsport
    928 S2 bj 85 Schaltgetriebe

• As I've already written, I've decided to tackle the glove compartment lid. The "crooked dog" has always bothered me. Gaps of almost 1 cm are not acceptable and neither are the crooked corners. First I went to the saddler to find out exactly what was feasible. Then I carefully skinned it. Shaping it with heat did not work satisfactorily because the foam was embedded in a hard foil which probably caused the warping due to shrinkage. I removed the foil with the help of a hot air dryer and then sanded the lid flat. I fitted a white plastic strip around the outer edge using the hairdryer and glued it in place. I checked the whole thing in the vehicle and adjusted it a little. Now I have to fill a few more holes and then it's back to the upholsterer.

Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• Dear V8ers,

as I have only received 1 response to another thread (loudspeaker cable in the center console), I am trying my luck here.

The previous owner of my 928 GTS had a Porsche Classic radio installed, which I have now replaced with a Blaupunkt München RD104 from 1994. The two bass speakers in the B-pillar hadn't worked before and I hoped that replacing them with the Blaupunkt would solve the problem. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The two bass speakers don't work, but the speakers in the doors and side panels work perfectly. The loudspeaker chassis are all new and from Eaton.

While troubleshooting, I came across the original Porsche amplifier on the passenger seat. This is connected to the radio with a flat plug (see picture). The loudspeakers in the doors and side panels are not connected to the amplifier as originally intended, but with a separate wiring harness directly to the radio. However, the two basses are connected in the amplifier. The preamplifier plug on the amplifier has no function whatsoever. I have not found the counterpart for the radio. Do any of you have this connection cable (Blaupunkt number 7607874003) and could you pass it on to me?

If I now pull the flat plug, the loudspeakers in the doors and side panels also remain mute. I think if I had the adapter cable for the preamplifier connection, everything would work again. The speakers will then all be connected to the amplifier as intended by the manufacturer and that's that. If the amplifier is defective, I will have it repaired or replace it with another one.

Alternatively, I could also connect the two bass speakers to the cables of the door speakers or the rear speakers. But then I would need a crossover. But where can I get a suitable one?

Here is the connection diagram for the Blaupunkt radio from 1994. These are DIN ISO plugs. The bottom "A" is for the power supply. The middle "B" for the loudspeakers, if they are not operated via a separate amplifier, and the top "C" for various control functions, such as the preamplifier output.

Here is the connection diagram of the original Blaupunkt amplifier in the GTS.

Here is the connection of the two basses to the amplifier, as well as the flat plug to the radio (power supply). When I unplug this, the speakers in the doors and rear remain muted, even though they are not connected to the amplifier!

Here is the retrofitted loudspeaker wiring harness from the radio to the amplifier with the loudspeaker cables plugged in for the rear doors and sides. Connection diagram on the radio see one picture further on.

Here are the unused speaker connections on the amplifier for the door speakers and the rear speakers.

I look forward to your tips and if you have a preamplifier connection cable to spare, please let me know!

Regards,

Bernd

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau

• Hi Bernd

The picture of the amplifier shows the DIN angle plug of the adapter cable. So the cable seems to be there. You just have to look for the other end in the area of the radio and get the DIN to ISO adapter shown on the connection diagram

Greetings Christoph

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Hello

It is indeed strange that the speakers that are not connected to the amplifier go out when the flat plug (power supply) is disconnected. Does the radio then switch off completely?

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Hello everyone,

After the positive experience with cleaning the main headlights, I have now decided to take a look at the auxiliary headlights. Using the tried and tested method with glass cleaner and steel balls, it worked very well here too to clean the glass from the inside. The plastic covers have spent a long time in a heated ultrasonic bath in a mixture of glass cleaner and Koch Chemie Greenstar and the dirt on the inside has actually come off. Now they just have to be fitted. I already had VA screws inside, but this was probably different in the past, as one housing still contains the rotten remains of a screw without a head.

Greetings, Torsten

928 GT,1991, schwarz-metallic, dunkles Leder

• Jimmysylt: I don't have the adapter for the radio (ISO) to the connection cable (DIN) to the amplifier, and I have no idea where to get it. Who knows a source?

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau