First field report E-Hybrid

• Dear friends

I have now 21'500 km on the meter. I live in the mountains, drive rather cautiously and whenever possible electrically (with own PV power). In long term consumption I am now at 9.2 liters AND 4.3 kW per 100 km.

In a proper economic calculation, you must also calculate the electricity costs and there the total consumption of the e-hybrid is already very, very high. For me, it's not about the few euros in fuel costs for a 150K car. But I expect from a high-tech product, made in Germany, already an efficient use of the possible technology. And also the constant (slow) refueling of fuel & electricity into the small tank and battery is annoying.

The already repeatedly cited efficiency comparison with my "old" V8 S-Diesel is already painful in every respect. With similar performance data, it consumed less than 9 liters on average and I easily made 1,000 km with the 100 liter tank. Unfortunately, the technology at Porsche has not brought much meaningful progress.

My wish list for Porsche for the next E-Hybrid:

- A battery with at least 60 kW (possibly also as an option).

- A charger that charges with at least 50 kWh (you don't always have to charge fast, but it's nice if you can)

- Please, please the tank at least 80 liters, better 100 liters

- A more efficient recuperation. PS: when I drive my electric Mini from the mountains down to the valley (from 1'200 MüM to 500 MüM), the Mini still has, or has again, a full battery due to the recuperation down in the valley. The Cayenne, on the other hand, has used 50% of the small battery.

The rest of the Cayenne (driving experience, entertainment, seats, space, etc.) is top class.

This post has been automatically translated.

• Therefore, no one buys a brought EV, which I had to experience painfully with my Etron....

What kind of automotive future is this going to be with regard to the used car market?

• - Please, please the tank at least 80 liters, better 100 liters.

All other Cayenn still have 90 liters tank, at the Hybrid probably had to be created space.

However, the existing 75l in the hybrid are now not soooo far away from the desired 80l.

And physics (weight/consumption) and chemistry (charging time/range) have their limits, Porsche is not worse than others or can overcome these hurdles better.

• Therefore, no one buys a brought EV, which I had to experience painfully with my Etron....

What kind of automotive future is this going to be with regard to the used car market ?

Well - you may notice that the ecology / environmental awareness of electric vehicles is not quite as easy as you imagined. But in principle, it doesn't matter - the main thing is that the ruble rolls and everyone buys something new electric, because the existing combustion engine is now evil.

Realistically, it's always about the coal €$ anyway ... - otherwise many topics would be approached much differently (sustainability is something different than building as many electric cars as possible on a standard assembly line and simply throwing away everything "old" - also applies to smartphones, televisions and a thousand other things).

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• 9.2 liters AND 4.3 kW per 100 km.

For me it is 7.3 l/100km and 6.0 kWh/100km. I find that fascinatingly little for such a large car that also likes to drive in trailer mode.

letzter Sauger, letzter Lufti, einfach porschiastisch!

• What kind of automotive future is this going to be with regard to the used car market?

Well - one will perhaps notice that the ecology/environmental awareness of electric vehicles is not quite as easy as one had imagined. But in principle, it doesn't matter - the main thing is that the ruble rolls and everyone buys something new electric, because the existing combustion engine is now evil.

Realistically, it's always about the coal €$ anyway ... - otherwise many topics would be approached differently (sustainability is something different than building as many electric cars as possible on a standard assembly line and simply throwing away everything "old" - this also applies to smartphones, televisions and a thousand other things).

The throwing away thing is also one of those things. In the past, combustion vehicles were driven to death and then lived on in Africa/Eastern Europe for another 15 years. This is not possible with EVs, because the infrastructure is missing there. So what happens to the EV's?

I tried to figure this out. At my Audi dealer, no one could give me an answer. At Audi Switzerland and Audi Germany I only got an answer that inquiries about this topic are not answered.

For me the conclusion: the manufacturers (or at least Audi) have no plan what to do with the EV's that come back from the leases and that nobody buys anymore. The recycling of the batteries is also not regulated and therefore they are probably just dumped somewhere in the hope that everything will be fine.

The whole thing will end in a huge disaster.

• Here's something for the hybrid fans from an international Facebook group:

Good morning
    my cayenne e-hybrid has malfunction on hybrid system,
    at porsche center they think through a short circuit and estimate the costs at several tens of thousands of euros because almost every component contains an active error code.
    how long is the extended warranty from porsche? cayenne 2015 148000km
    or anyone tips to intervention of porsche to ask?

• I have a hybrid Cayenne as a replacement car and am inexperienced with this kind of thing. It's exciting to see how the technology interacts, even if it's sometimes noticeable how the engines alternate.

Does it actually make sense or does it consume a huge amount of gasoline if you set the hybrid mode to Charge? Of course the socket is always the best option for more charge, but what is the benefit or "cost" in terms of hybrid sense if you select hybrid charge mode instead of hybrid car mode?