992 GTS Tuning Stage 1

• Thanks for your execution and the facts!

Have installed Stage 1 of FVD, where the torque is already fierce compared to the series. Will get a mitigated update with reduced torque these days.

Otherwise I fear for my HS - clutch ;)

This post has been automatically translated.

• Drive also FVD with Stage 1, but with PDK zero problems, the specified 535 hp are rather conservative, looks more like direction 550 hp +, 640 Nm but realistic. Had yes times driving performance reingestellt with FVD Stage 1. Top!

Have yes also software on MyGenius handheld I think.

• I read the thread here and your performance measurements. It's amazing what FVD gets out of it. The cracker!

Yes, I have MyGenius Handheld. Works well.

Currently have software in a V3 on board, because the HS requires in places other parameters than the PDK.

Now there's on request the "mitigated" version, in which I do not immediately a wheelspin at 4000 rpm in 2nd gear put down

• Best Answer

In my opinion, the standard clutch of the S/GTS is also in the Sport Classic based on 3.75 l Turbo with 550 hp and 600 Nm.

650 Nm should also not be a problem.

In my 997.1 Turbo HS I had with FVD Stage 2 around 840 Nm, VTG superchargers make a lot of torque in the lower speed range, not so easy to limit torque exactly. The BorgWarner wastegate superchargers with electrically controlled wastegate actuator on 992 have displacement measurement system for exact fast control of the bypass damper, this has advantages for torque control.

Clutch at 997.1 Turbo tolerated series something over 700 Nm, 840 Nm went with me also, but after 20 tkm clutch was at the end, occasionally slipped, which is not good for torsion springs of the dual mass flywheel, was then also broken at mileage 44 tkm. It would have made more sense to convert to an organic sports clutch.

992 can be adjusted very precisely to torque, but as I understood you, the clutch does not slip at the moment. So rather precaution?

• ... as I understood you, but clutch currently does not slip. So rather precaution?

Yes, it slips now and then so from 3,000 rpm about. But get the Nm-reduced version these days. Then that should, I think, probably fit.

• Whether with a supercharged and still chipped manual or automatic in manual mode, I would never or only extremely rarely give full throttle in the lower speed range and high gear...This only goes unnecessarily on all the material.

In the M3 S55 I have with 800 Nm rum also always only at 4 rather 4500 rpm reingetreten. Before always only part load or low gear when HA had grip. The better the traction the worse for the drivetrain.

Must not operate unnecessary material murder. Earlier there was also only the right foot that has "regulated". My M3 has thanked me with 100TKM without any problems even with racetrack in addition and on the highway has always only "on the face" get. Ran like clockwork!

With my 996 Turbo afterwards with up to 800 hp and 950 Nm was similar. I have always only at 4500 rpm fully accelerated! in high gears even later logically.

But overall you have to say it is really the madness how much reserves these engines have with supercharging and turned on the appropriate screws k:thankyou:

• With the current adjustment of the Stage 1 from FVD in Umkirch I am really satisfied. No longer responds as sharply and has a slightly longer response distance on the gas pedal. That fits very well with the character of the car. And the acceleration is still awesome - not measured, but felt. :])

• With the current adjustment of the Stage 1 of FVD in Umbach I am really satisfied. No longer responds as sharply and has a slightly longer response distance on the gas pedal. That fits very well with the character of the car. And the acceleration is still awesome - not measured, but felt. :])

I like that too! Quasi the Map5("M" Map at the S55 M3/4 engine with JB4) with increasing speed first boost pressure increased! For the circuit also perfect!

P.S.: Goes just also not so much on the material and less wear.

• I'm just surprised that the thread here in pff has a rather weak response.

I would like to present the vehicle to our Zeitenjagd group Horst.

I suspect that the users there will be very enthusiastic about the driving values.

A 200-250 km/h measurement would still be the i-Tůpfelchen 🤗👍

Resonance hereby given.

Am back in the gasoline range. Does not mean however that my Taycan is gone, still dream car. Now comes just again a weekend vehicle.

Taycan 4s+ MY21 21Zoll, 992 Carrera S MY21 Aerokit