What did you do for your Schnappi today?

• today first 100km beaten the winter out of the Cayman :evil:

This post has been automatically translated.

• At the weekend my taillights resealed, because actually the diffusing lens, which is fused with the housing, has loosened by tension at the bottom edge and the taillights were leaking.

Since the surface was apparently already polished and the diffusing screens were consequently already slightly attacked by UV radiation equal to still completely sanded, mixed some clear lacquer, repainted and polished.

Nice side effect: The black sealant creates a wider black edge around the outer edge and the lights look a bit more "modern".

A little service for the beginning of the season.

And finally I installed the Sport Design steering wheel, which I bought last week for 380€ in eBay Kleinanzeigen :thumbsup:

So far the horn does not work. I have once read that for this the MuFu must be coded.

Did someone already have the problem with the conversion?

• very good oil choice. and very nice steering wheel.

• Yes me! Also with the 987.2

I was before winter at Porsche recode.
    The horn did work afterwards, but too well. My car stopped honking only when the horn was pressed.
    The suspicion is that the airbag has a ground fault. Will test this out the next few weeks after hibernation, bought another airbag to go with it. Let's see.
    But in principle, the coding is done in a few minutes, if everything goes smoothly.
    Wish you good luck that it works easier than with me :thumbsup:

Porsche 718 Cayman S

Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

• Is that the setting for VMAX driving in the left lane then? :lol:

Then I will probably have to code. An unlock code is not needed for the MuFu coding or?

Since mine with 02/2009 is an early facelift, he still has the old steering wheel control unit installed. The display for Sport Plus and Launch Control I will therefore not run. But I hope that there is no problem in connection with the control unit when activating the horn.

• So to speak yes! :D

Yes I know, mine is from 01/2009 but already a .2, but with .1 steering wheel.

Because of the unlock code I can not tell you unfortunately, I was in an independent Porsche workshop with PIWI coding system, but whether they used a code I can not say unfortunately.

Let me know how it worked for you!

Porsche 718 Cayman S

Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

• So to speak yes! :D

Yes I know, mine is from 01/2009 but already a .2, but with .1 steering wheel.

Because of the unlock code I can not tell you unfortunately, I was in an independent Porsche workshop with PIWI coding system, but whether they used a code I can not say unfortunately.

Let me know how it worked for you!

There we have already the first difference! Mine had thanks PDK already the Facelift steering wheel, in which the horn is operated via the magnetic switch.

I just hope that the procedure is the same as yours with the pre-facelift steering wheel.

I'll let you know in any case if it worked!

• Which steering wheel did you use originally? Shouldn't you already have the round airbag in it?

Porsche 718 Cayman S

Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

• Which steering wheel did you originally install? Shouldn't you already have the round airbag in it?

Exactly, I have the original PDK steering wheel with round airbag module installed. That's why I'm surprised that my horn does not work. ?:-(