What did you do for your Schnappi today?

• After I recently looked at my fried egg at the coolers times 'after the right' and have found that this was not a luxury project, I wanted to make this check necessarily also at my Schnappi. And also this was, as one sees, not so not wrong!

After it is rather quiet here in the forum (probably because the small crocodiles run so smoothly), I thought one could - analogous to the 996 forum - here times 'nen Fred corresponding start ;)

Maybe you have fun and put your small & large projects here as well pure....

This post has been automatically translated.

• "... And also this was, as you can see ,not so not wrong!..."

By the way, although the radiators did not look sooo dirty at first glance, the dirt accumulated between and in the radiators was equivalent to a well-filled dustpan...!

• Hello all,

Good idea, however it would make more sense to merge the forums by engine type. But this is probably not possible, because many Porsche drivers only look in the forum that concerns them.

They are all M96/M97 engines, and since the cars have 75% similar parts, not only on the engine, you could safely combine 996/986, 987/987c until 2015 and 997 until July 2008 (start DFI engine). :old:

Exception: the 911 Turbo and GT models with the Mezger engines. These are other cars that only look similar due to the different engine, brakes and actuation etc.

Since Porsche has been working with Kaizen and Kanban since 1994, the 987s have gotten the final upgrade and improvement stage, as evidenced by the part numbers of the improved common parts being gradually adjusted to 987 or 997.

So your Caymans are something like a Windows that got the final patch upgrade stage shortly before the release change and works more reliable like the first versions: No one knows why you really need something new now. :kwink:

:pfeil: Example advantage: A single-row, larger intermediate shaft bearing is installed in the 997 and 987(c), and the engine damage caused by this promptly decreased. There are things...

:pfeil: Disadvantage: If you have to replace the bearing, you have to disassemble the engine according to my information, i.e. separate the halves. Then again, a direct-oil-feed for the ZWL comes into consideration, so that it lasts forever, i.e. as long as the rest of the engine.

:pfeil: Conclusion: Always have a look at 996 / 986 / 997 VFL, this also applies to Cayman drivers as a rule. :wink:

Greetings

tkm

• ...hmmm, where should the DFI-Schnappis (like me) 'cavort' then?

• And the 2.9 ??? ;)

I have done nothing, but nothing at all for my Cayman today.

On Sundays I prefer to do nothing :])

Gruß Joerg

:wink:

Cayman 987.2 aus 12/2011

• Also did nothing. Just saw another 987c 2.7 and got a little annoyed that I'm not sitting in my 2.9 myself. haha

Well, with the 997.2 with DFI engine. I hardly believe that Porsche has changed the equal parts strategy. There is (as always) mainly only the bore of the individual pistons smaller and the "smaller" series got the technology later (07/2008 vs. 02/2009 at the Boxster S).

Otherwise, you could not sell the 911 more expensive than the Cayman, and besides, they would be through the mid-engine with the same engine even faster on the track compared to comparable 911. :kwink: :grin_weg:

• And the 2.9 ??? ;)

No matter - the main thing is six cylinders. :thumbsup:

"...Well, with the 997.2 with DFI engine..."

You're not serious, are you?

If so, then suggest AB regarding forum categorization to change this from now on after engine instead of model series!