3.2 Motronic

• Good evening all,

I am looking for a list with the part numbers of the different DMEs, with hints on the usage (with / without cat, 207/214/231hp).

and possibly empirical data on whether the DMEs are interchangeable without regard to the numbers.

I have a completely incomplete list, and just now I saw another number on the net that I have never heard of.

Is there such a list, has anyone already done the work?

Thanks already! Greetings to all, Werner

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello Werner,

see here:

Porsche 911 DME.docx

Gruß

Rainer

3.2 Carrera Cabrio, Bj. 11/83, Sportauspuff und KAT-100Zeller von DANSK, späte DME, ca. 230PS, 7"+8" Maxilite.

• Top, thank you.

How is the compatibility with each other? Has anyone experimented with this?

Fits each box for 231PS in each car? Or do the boxes for cat operation fuss when there is no signal from the probe?

I am looking for a box for a 1985 231hp car.

The car was converted to cat run and has a box in it for a 1987 and up 231hp if I am reading the listings correctly. The box is most likely out of order, so I am looking for a matching one....

For any info grateful, greetings Werner

• Hello Werner,

not really what you are looking for, but you could check with the Gerberding:

https://www.911-hkz.de/Motronic.htm

The gerberding also repairs the boxes, you could also have yours checked there.

SW Chips also has some information material. They would also be a competent contact for something like that. If you can find out something that is not yet known here - then please post it here as well...

https://911chips.com/fuelsys.html

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• I am looking for a box for a 1985 231hp car.

Hello Werner,

actually the question about the right box should be answered with the above link from Rainer from post 2.

In addition, you can find the Mj. and engine type matching control unit no. also in the PET (online spare parts catalog). I think it might be easier, you post here, which Motronic is offered to you and we see if it could fit,

Greetings

Dianos

911 C1 Targa, Mj. 89

911 SC Targa, Mj. 81

911 2,7 Targa, Mj. 77

• Hello all,

the said 87 box was already at the Gerberding, he has also tested, but with him it was inconspicuous. He does not repair or overhaul the but because a massive water damage can be seen.

Through the kindly shared here link I realized that this box must be from a catauto, so can not be correct. 87 DME in 85 car. Apparently it worked, at least for as long as I've known the car, about 15 years.

That in turn made me wonder about the compatibility of these DMEs. And led to my question here.

However, I have not yet called the PZ to ask for the part number that belonged to the Fin.

The whole fuss originated with the problem of this 11 not starting every now and then. Completely randomly. I have gone through the list from the Gerberding, including the DME test schedule.

The water damage in the box would be a good fit, so I'm looking for a DME now.

If anyone has one, and would like to part with it, go ahead!

Thanks, greetings, Werner

• Through the kindly shared link here, I realized that this box must be from a catauto, so can't be correct. 87 DME in 85 car.

Then how exactly did you determine that this box was (only) for cat cars?

Greetings

Dianos

911 C1 Targa, Mj. 89

911 SC Targa, Mj. 81

911 2,7 Targa, Mj. 77

• As far as I know you can change the newer Motronic versions to "without cat" simply by using a jumper and the "adjustment screw" (if you can call it that).

Greetings Tim

- 928 GTS Mj. 95

- 964 C2 Coupé, C00, Mj. 91

- 911 Carrera 3.2 Coupé (-2024)

- Boxster 987 Fl (-2021)

• As far as I know you can change the newer Motronic versions to "without cat" simply by using a jumper and the "adjustment screw" (if you can call it that).

Greetings Tim

Not necessarily. My DME is the latest 911.618.111.20 from 87-89 for KAT operation for 95 octane and sharper map. It's locked at the back of the rotary switch. Whether the dip switch is installed behind it, I can not say.

Gruß

Rainer

3.2 Carrera Cabrio, Bj. 11/83, Sportauspuff und KAT-100Zeller von DANSK, späte DME, ca. 230PS, 7"+8" Maxilite.

• Hello Dianos,

the car was converted to cat. Before our time. However, it was already out when my friend bought it. It was included with the purchase. Interestingly, 3 of the contacts on the test switch are disconnected and bent to the side. This was not due to improper adjustment of the switch, because the legs are bent away in the wrong direction for this. This was intentional, but why. This box was in the car, see picture. According to the list only installed from 1987.