PZ wants 5000 euro deposit

• Hello all,

I have a short question, I have ordered a Cayman in a PZ. According to the contract documents I have to pay a deposit of 5.000,-- Euro in advance. H. v. 5,000, - Euro pay. I have never heard of this before and it gives me a bit of a headache. What if the PZ goes bankrupt before delivery or something else happens at the Porsche plant? I don't really want to pay that, but car for money.

Was this the same for any of you? My LT is supposed to be July 2022 if it stays that way.

Thanks for your answers

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello,

I understand that with a custom-made product such as a kitchen or similar. With a car I have never had that and would have a hard time accepting that.
    But we have not had such times. The question is, can you get the car in another PZ without a down payment?

Whether you prefer to do without completely because of the down payment, then in the end everyone must decide for themselves.

In any case, good luck

• I also had the €5,000 down payment when I ordered. Since I wanted the car for sure, I didn't give it any more thought.

911´er: Lebe Deinen Traum und träume nicht Dein Leben.:drive::cool2:

• I have already purchased several new cars in a PZ, most recently in 2019. I have never been approached with the request for a down payment.

Ultimately, however, it will depend on the contract. If the contract provides for the down payment, there is a lot to suggest that you will have to make the down payment.

Gruß :khat:
    Bernhard

914 2.0 (1982 - 1983)
    964 C4 (1994 - 1995)
    Cayman R (11/2012 - 11/2013)
    Cayman GTS - 981 (09/2014 - 04/2016)

Cayman GTS - 718 (03/2019 - 01/2020)

• I assume 2 things here: The PZ does not know you, you are a new customer and due to the very short delivery time it seems to be a quota takeover of a vehicle already ordered in advance. In these special times, the PZ apparently wants to protect itself.

The vehicle has to be paid for anyway and you don't get any interest on the bank, so I don't see any major problem in this unusual but apparently not unique measure. From the bankruptcy of a PZ I have personally never heard, certainly not without signs in such a short period! And what is going to happen at the plant? There will be delays at the moment, but you have to expect that everywhere.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• I do not want to paint the devil on the wall, but if the PZ should go but hops (you never know) then my money is gone. That would not ruin me, but it would be annoying. I have unfortunately had to make such an experience in another industry, so I am not a fan of such advance payments. I took the quota, that's correct and the PZ doesn't know me, that's also correct. They certainly won't agree to a bank guarantee, as this costs money.

• I do not want to paint the devil on the wall, but if the PZ should go but hops (you never know) then my money is gone.

How great is the risk that a PZ goes insolvent? Are there examples in the past?

5K down payment I also understand only in a special production, which would otherwise be very difficult to get rid of. So in the case of a very unusual color combination for example.

• But you should have thought about that before signing the contract. If your contract provides for an AZ, then you also have to pay it.

991.1 Carrera s Cabrio

BMW M340d x Drive

BMW X1 2,3d x Drive (Andrea)

MB Marco o Polo 300d 4 matic

• So the chances that a PZ will file for insolvency within a short time I think is rather unlikely. Even if that were the case, Porsche AG would certainly find a solution and still deliver the vehicle to you, after all, there are more euros in profit margin than your paid 5,000 €.

You are absolutely right that this is a somewhat unusual way, but the risk is manageable.

PS: Better the 5.000€ decompose with the inflation on the account of your PZs, than on yours. :D