Porsche 911 SC BJ 1978 Heating flap actuation

• Good evening!,

Can ir someone please help what the 3rd lever is for on the left next to the handbrake? the two on the right next to the handbrake are for the heater flaps, there is nothing connected to the left one on my car except the white plastic part.

Is it possible that this is a lever for the parking throttle? In my car was installed a 3.2 Carrera engine and maybe that's why it is out of function?

Thanks in advance and best regards from Austria

Andreas

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello Andreas,

the left lever indeed looks the same as on F models. From G model but had m.W. no 911 more a hand throttle, this function is taken over by the auxiliary air slide in the K-Jetronic engines, thus runs automatically. It could therefore be that due to ignorance / lack of understanding of the K-Jetronic and cold start problems "somekind of a Handgas" has retrofitted....or one has retrofitted the handbrake lever of an F model due to defect of the old handbrake lever?...no idea. k:unknown:

Anyway, neither a K-Jetronic engine nor a 3.2 Carrera engine needs a hand throttle if everything works.

I would get myself a handbrake lever and a bracket that fits the car and sell the one from the F model for a profit. :khat:

Greetings Thomas

P.s.: The first link does not work

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hello Thomas,

thanks for your tip!

Have just found a hand brake lever allegedly from a 77 Bj. It is interesting that according to the spare parts catalog 1978-1983 the hand brake lever has until 1981 still 2 levers (li+re) for the heating flaps article no.: 911 424 051 08 and from 82 then only one article no.: 911 424 051 13. In addition, there was still the variant with the automatic heating control until 81.

Greetings Andreas

• Hello Andreas,

the left lever indeed looks the same as on F models. From G model but had m.W. no 911 more a hand throttle, this function is taken over by the additional air slide in the K-Jetronic engines, thus runs automatically. It could therefore be that due to ignorance / lack of understanding of the K-Jetronic and cold start problems "somekind of a Handgas" has retrofitted....or one has retrofitted the handbrake lever of an F model due to defect of the old handbrake lever?...no idea. k:unknown:

Anyway, neither a K-Jetronic engine nor a 3.2 Carrera engine needs a hand throttle if everything works.

The early model years with K-Jet did not have an additional air slide. I think until 1976. Bruno has his US 911s from 1975 also still no ZLS and but but just that idle throttle next to the levers for the flaps.

Alles über den 3.0 US SC Motor 930.16 und viel mehr unter:

https://nineelevenheaven.wordpress.com/

- 911 SC 3.0, USA Bj 82, unischwarz, SSIs, eigens entwickelte digitale Lambdaregelung sowie elektronische Kennfeld-gesteuerte Zündung
    - VW Oval-Käfer Export, Bj 1955, 30PS, Stratosilber
    - VW Brezel-Käfer, Bj 1950, 24,5 PS, Grau, orig. Philips Elomar Radio

• The early model years with K-Jet did not have an additional air slide. I think until 1976. Bruno has his US 911s from 1975 also still no ZLS and but but just that idle throttle next to the levers for the flaps.

Ahaaa...ok good to know. Thanks for the clarification! So the handbrake lever is then but paasend to the car. But is no longer needed on a 3.2 anyway....

=> Remove the hand throttle lever and store it. The other two heating levers are still needed...

Greeting Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hi Andrew, Hi Thomas,

That's exactly how I will do it "=> remove hand throttle and store".

Thanks again for your support!

Greetings Andreas

MB 280 SL Bj. 1968
    Porsche 911 Bj. 1978
    RR Silver Spirit Bj. 1980
    RR Corniche cabrio Bj. 1980
    Golf GTI Bj. 1983
    Porsche 911 SC targa Bj. 1983
    Audi urquattro Bj. 1983
    Porsche 930 cabrio Bj. 1989
    Porsche 996 Bj. 2001