Porsche 992 .2 GT3 - Speculative (& someday facts)

• The (deactivatable) cruise control is also fixed on the GT3, according to the garage, because it applies to all new cars from July 24 ?

I've heard that they're even thinking about banning the button so that it's more difficult to switch it off...

I don't otherwise doubt progress, but I also dare to doubt whether the developments in a sports car make everything so much better (digi dash, hybrids, etc.)

This post has been automatically translated.

• The (deactivatable) cruise control is also fixed on the GT3, according to the garage, because it applies to all new cars from July 24 ?

I've heard that they're even thinking about banning the button so that it's more difficult to switch it off...

I don't otherwise doubt progress, but I dare to doubt whether the developments in a sports car make everything so much better (digi dash, hybrids, etc)

That's exactly why I'm buying a 992.1 GT3 now.

I don't care about the extra performance of the new GT3 in contrast to the EU's regulatory madness

• I have all the systems in the Cayenne!

They don't shine either, but they're better than in my Audi - at least the Cayenne hasn't yet made an unmotivated emergency stop like the Audi did several times.

But the Lane Assist is garbage!

In tight highway bends it leaves the lane, in highway construction sites you have to be careful that it doesn't push you into the guardrail and if you don't indicate when getting back into the lane after overtaking on the main road, it tries to steer you back into the oncoming lane...

But you can only deactivate the whole thing in the menu, so at least a button would be desirable to be able to quickly deactivate it in appropriate passages and then reactivate it if necessary.

• I have no experience of this with Porsche so far. In the new BMWs, it gets on my nerves, especially having to be deactivated every time the car is restarted.

Fortunately, my current X5 still manages without this crap. After that, I'll probably look around on the used market before 2024. I'm definitely not in the mood for these gimmicks.

991.2 GT3 [2018] - Cayman GT4 RS [2024] - 540d xdrive G30 [2021]

• If these great assistants could at least drive you home when you're tough as nails...

• If these great assistants could at least drive you home when you're tough as nails...

That would be one thing. Nice drunk drive home from the GT3 !!!

• Would be an assistant that would make my life easier.

(I no longer drive if I've had even one small beer)

• So my assistance experiences with the new Cayenne are frustrating, for a daily it's somewhat tolerable, but for a fun car it's all too much for me, see the new Ferrari 12 Cilindri, a fighter jet inside and too much design outside. I'm now looking forward to my ST should be delivered the week after next and for fun I bought a 964 RS, I think the new sports cars from summer 2024 are no longer my thing!

• 964RS a dream.

I've always been looking for a 964 C2 manual transmission without a sunroof.

Unfortunately I haven't found one yet...