Cayman 2022 production stop!

• I ordered a Cayman last year with delivery date April 2022. I was informed by Porsche (copy of the dealer webpage to the vehicle) that the production at Porsche was stopped due to supply problems!!!! ?:-(

Does anyone have any solid information on this?

This post has been automatically translated.

• Sorry about that! Which Cayman model in which country did you order?

• I ordered the 718 base model in Italy/Rome.

Unfortunately, my PZ has no further information and the app My Porsche does not show any information about the configuration or production of my order.

Does anyone please have an email address from Porsche in Germany to send my request directly to Porsche? Many thanks in advance!

• Evening,

I'll try the short version:

Due to the war in Ukraine, various suppliers of car manufacturers are affected. Among others are also suppliers of Porsche. Here, for example, it is about the production of cable harnesses, which are currently simply no longer supplied to Porsche. Therefore, the production of individual models stops partly completely.

Contact and support:

https://my.porsche.com/core/de/de_DE/contact

• Yes, a colleague who is well connected in the automotive industry told me on the WE exactly that too, that in Ukraine many wiring harnesses are made with a lot of manual labor....

• Asking Porsche directly will certainly speed things up immensely - no offense, but it has nothing to do with your vehicle in particular. But maybe you'll be lucky and Porsche will really put pressure on their suppliers in the Ukraine.... man man man.

• this will surely go on again soon, as far as delivery delays in the order of a few months are concerned - who cares, the important thing is to get the car at all. Personally, I would be more afraid of missiles hitting Germany instead of getting my car later/not at all....