Need help. Battery flat. How to proceed now.

• Hello folks,

since I was told different opinions & approaches from different places yesterday, I'd like to ask here, since I'm sure I won't be the only one with this problem here in the forum & I trust the expertise here the most.

I sent my 992S into hibernation almost 3 months ago in a semi-open underground garage. Temperatures there about 0-5 degrees in the meantime. A socket for battery charging is unfortunately not available. I had deactivated vehicle monitoring. Unfortunately, nothing happened when I restarted the car.

How do I get the car running again? I don't have a socket for permanent charging on site, but I could use a cable drum to supply power for a short time or 48 hours. Is it right that I have to unlock the car manually and then use the charger to open the electrical lock of the front hood? Is it enough to connect the battery to the charger for 48 hours or is that hopeless? Jump start from another car will probably bring nothing!? An otherwise competent source told me that there would be no alternative to removing the battery including external charging. Is this really the case? And if the way with the battery charger would have to work, which high-quality device would you recommend me for this?

Thanks in advance for your help! :thumb:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Doesn't help with your current problem, but I used to have no outlet in the garage either and charged mine every 3 weeks with the Fritec box.

• But I can't wake my battery from hibernation with this!?

• I do not wake my battery from hibernation with it!?

Unfortunately, I do not know. I had also once somewhere the question asked whether one can revive a battery

can be revived via the cigarette lighter, but I didn't get an answer.

• I think I no longer have a cigarette lighter only USB!?

• freestile8

As a supplement to my post at the time;

Unlock driver's door with emergency key (in the front lower part of the key, pull out with fingernail). Pull up door handle to maximum, insert emergency key at an angle and close against resistance. The charger switches to maintenance mode after about 1 to 2 days. So your 48 h should easily be enough.

I had already written elsewhere (992 S Cabrio experience after 1/2 year).

Goes with me only about battery in the trunk, ie also for conservation plastic cover off.

Note what is installed, lead or lithium, had to buy new charger suitable for both

Maintenance function (clamp from charger to plus battery and minus to tap).

Am now, by the way, in the (battery) care function😅 A bit more complicated than with the 991, where the passenger socket has not yet switched off.

But the advantage is the separation of the lithium battery from the electrical system as undervoltage protection. Turns off just everything, so that even the trunk can be opened more. I have therefore purchased an additional Dino power pack for emergencies, for emergency unlocking in the footwell.

When triggered undervoltage protection (connection to the vehicle off, clamp from the charger to plus and minus of the battery):

Had to go to battery minus, of course disconnected, because otherwise the new Porsche charger does not recognize the lithium battery, as it is completely disconnected from the vehicle electrical system. The charger must bypass this undervoltage protection by deactivating it. So connect the battery directly to negative and then hold 10 seconds mode. Have first also tried via the negative tap, then came but immediately error message. Is probably due to the new battery in combination with the new charger for lead and lithium.

Everything in consultation with PZ. Was also new to me, but is the 992 with lithium so.

That he has a strut, I did not know.

Now had to disconnect the entire battery again, because the engine symbol lit up. After two hours back to the mains, started twice and it was gone. Is probably so that by the undervoltage protection and the renewed activation of the lithium ion battery an error of the engine control unit is filed.

In any case, I am now well informed about the charging issue.

?thumbnail=1B63D-4F5BBBD222B7.jpeg

?thumbnail=1

?thumbnail=1

• Thanks Key Largo for your help. I've only understood half of it now, but I can probably get the following already? https://shop.porsche.com/de/de…95804490170-B/95804490170 + https://shop.porsche.com/de/de…95804490175-B/95804490175!?

Battery variants do not work in principle? Stromzuvor with me possible but definitely more cumbersome ...

• so if the battery is really flat, then it should be difficult with the charge - external start (with cable) should work but if you have managed that with the hood

I would then ne new install, probably the battery no longer recovers (even if 2 years was really short, was before probably 3 years in a warehouse around)

• At that time, they even wanted to charge the car and take it to the service center, but I declined with thanks. You will definitely not have to remove the battery. Of course, the Li-Io charger from Porsche Tequipment (is from CETEC) is recommended, because you can always refer to Porsche in case of problems. If you have further problems, you can ask again.

• freestile8

These are exactly the two things you need. I'll send you my number via PN, then we can communicate via WhatsApp or directly. Just contact me as soon as you have the device. The procedure is unfortunately not described in any manual and has already cost me a lot of nerves. But I assume that you will get everything "working" again.