Level storage area with omission of rear seat unit

• I bought a 991/2 GTS that has the option "omission rear seat system". Find I generally super, because very rarely, if ever, the grandson rides in this car. To make better/safer use of the space, I'd like to install a flat panel or similar to better store suitcases/travel bags. Is there a professional, purchasable solution or has anyone tinkered with something like this? Thanks in advance for tips!

Greetings

Axel

This post has been automatically translated.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Photos please!

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• I bought a 991/2 GTS that has the option "omission rear seat system". Find I generally super, because very rarely, if ever, the grandson rides in this car. To make better/safer use of the space, I'd like to install a flat panel or similar to better store suitcases/travel bags. Is there a professional, purchasable solution or has anyone tinkered with something like this? Thanks in advance for tips!

Greetings

Axel

This option actually only makes sense with full bucket seats and then you can't stow anything in the back without further ado, since not foldable. Comes actually from the GT3, which can then be equipped with Clubsport package, so brackets.

The best solution to stow something in the back of the 11 on a flat surface is with the rear seat backrests folded down (but you do not have). Therefore, only a set of bags remains, which is halfway suitable for the former seat recesses. Have seen something like that here in PFF, was already often a topic, including in the Carrera T thread, where there was also the option.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• Thanks Lunatic for your input. I have the carbon seats with the ability to fold the backs. There are bags and cases from my other Pˋs, but they also stand well (better) on flat surfaces. I may have to bury the idea :-a

Have a nice week :wink:

• Then probably only combination of carpenter and carpet layer.

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Then probably only combination of carpenter and carpet layer.

Do you know anyone who also makes in carbon or aluminum near us???

• Hello Axel,

there you have secured a beautiful GTS, with a not everyday interior manual gearbox and folding shells. :thumb:

Regarding a removal with flat plate I have not heard anything, but that should be feasible as a special production. Would I consider on the basis of the Häufikeit of use but whether it is really worth the effort.

Much joy and all the time good trip!

Marcus

• Do you know someone who also makes in carbon or aluminum in our area?

No. But I could imagine that something could be worked out here:

https://zapp-holzundstahl.de/