A Cayman is needed - for the time being

• I would like to realize my dream of a Porsche next year.
    It should be a Cayman 987. With a budget of around 30k it's hard with a 987.II.

Despite the horror stories regarding the engine, I would tend towards a late 987. And I would also be happy without the S - you should be allowed to improve at some point.

Would be happy about a short opinion about this car - for me it ticks all the boxes (automatic climate control; maintenance history; xenon, flap) and has a very fair price for the fact that it also has a comprehensible history:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…ion=parkItem&id=336926342

Stay healthy!

This post has been automatically translated.

• You want to buy in 2023 and are looking now? My tip: Do not do it, because you will be annoyed how the prices have developed. But that's looking at a crystal ball...

To the concrete car: It is sold because the seller wants to buy a 987 Faceluft. ]:-) The car sounds good and serious from the info, but the premium to the 2.9 is not so high. Advantages I see besides the more robust engine (closed deck, intermediate shaft no longer present, everything already 100 times discussed ;) ) also in the interior (no worn soft paint possible) and especially the 6-speed transmission.

With your budget around 30k there are definitely cars, e.g.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…tm_campaign=Recommend_DES

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…tm_campaign=Recommend_DES (seat needs a little love...)

"If in doubt, flat out" (Colin McRae)

• Would for the money (still 25k for a 2.7 with 130tkm) also rather advise a 2.7 with 6-speed.

Whether 2.7 or 2.9 is then in the end also a question of price.

5 more sounds manageable, but with a total volume of 25, 5 is a lot on top.

However, if you can spend 30 on the purchase, I would personally do the same and take the best car on the market that you can get for it.

• I misunderstood - a Cayman should be on the doorstep within a year ;) And what you describe will be exactly the thought process - "the facelift would be a bit better" ...

You want to buy in 2023 and are looking now? My tip: Do not do it, because you will be annoyed how the prices have developed. But that's looking at a crystal ball...

To the concrete car: It is sold because the seller wants to buy a 987 Faceluft. ]:-) The car sounds good and serious from the info, but the premium to the 2.9 is not so high. Advantages I see besides the more robust engine (closed deck, intermediate shaft no longer present, everything already 100 times discussed ;) ) also in the interior (no worn soft paint possible) and especially the 6-speed transmission.

With your budget around 30k there are definitely cars, e.g.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…tm_campaign=Recommend_DES

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrz…tm_campaign=Recommend_DES (seat needs a little love...)

• the surcharge to the 2.9 is not so high. Advantages I see in addition to the more robust engine (closed deck, intermediate shaft no longer present, everything already 100 times discussed ;) ) also in the interior (no worn soft paint possible) and especially the 6-speed transmission.

Or the PDK :thumb:

Gruß Joerg

:wink:

Cayman 987.2 aus 12/2011

• The 2.9 is much more stable, has fewer sources of error and is therefore even more inconspicuous.

• What speaks against a 2.7 ???

Nothing (actually). But the facelift has advantages that VolleKanne described in #2.

The seeker must decide whether this is important to him and he wants to pay the extra price for a facelift model or not.

Gruß Joerg

:wink:

Cayman 987.2 aus 12/2011

• I would not fully agree with the previous speakers.

Why?

First of all, the late 2.7 is anything but a bad car. The supposed merits of the 2.9 are often academic in nature, as it ultimately depends primarily on the individual condition or "history" of a specific vehicle. And many things that can occur with a car that is around 12-14 years old with 130 tkm can occur with both types. And it will cost the same for both.

Beyond that, it will be rather difficult to get a good 2.9 for the budget you are aiming for - I would always recommend an appropriate 2.7. It just doesn't make sense to stretch the budget and invest completely in the purchase, because something can happen with each one - that's even quite likely, no matter how well you look beforehand. And if a vehicle is really almost completely done, it will be offered at a correspondingly higher price.

To the concrete vehicle: I find the optically first quite good and that he was always at the same PZ, can help historically: what was made when?

I am in Hofheim - my 2.7er (1 Hd.) was also always there, I looked at him at the time with the previous owner on site and also stayed there. Was rather an advantage. But you also have to say honestly: a car is/becomes better thereby also not.

But why an oil change in January in the PZ, the service half a year later then at Drux and another four months later again an oil change? Probably just under a year in possession ...? Also that the Approved was not extended (which admittedly costs a lot of money), may mean that perspectively a few things would have to be done.

The equipment is relatively mau, the sports exhaust system may not really fit there for me. Price-wise, there should be some room to maneuver, but it can be a good entry-level car - if the investment needs are kept in check.

Good luck!