ThE SECOND CAR ThREAD TO ThE Taycan - WHAT DO YOU DRIVE BEFORE, AFTEr, AFTER, OR INSTEAD OF ThE Taycan FOR A 100% ELECTRIC CAR?

• That it should deliver more than 50kwh is undisputed, I think, and that's the only reason I leased this vehicle. It is probably a 2023 model and they are supposed to have some limitations compared to the 24s. I charged with my ENBW card and also with the Porsche card. All the charging stations were included - explicitly including the Ionity stations. The vehicle is currently at VW - I can't use it at this charging speed.

This post has been automatically translated.

• I can understand that! 👍

I think there's a bug in the software. Update the BMS and other control units, but that's difficult at VW.... 😉

• That it should deliver more than 50kwh is undisputed, I think, and that's the only reason I leased this vehicle. It's probably a 2023 model and they are supposed to have some limitations compared to the 24s. I charged with my ENBW card and also with the Porsche card. All the charging stations were included - explicitly including the Ionity stations. The vehicle is currently at VW - I can't use it at this charging speed.

I can understand that! 👍

I think there's a bug in the software. Update the BMS and other control units, but that's difficult with VW.... 😉

The problem is that I'm at a car dealership where the e-car issue is viewed critically. Without writing down the whole story here, here's some information from the dealership that sums up the know-how.

VW dealership: "We have a fast charger here and can test everything."

I then asked what power it has and was told that it can charge with 22kw ^^ - what can you say about that? I find it really hard to take people like that seriously :hilferuf: :hilferuf: :hilferuf:.

• Please use the correct units. The charging capacity is given in kW (kWh per hour), not in kWh.

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Please explain this to me for dummies as I have not yet understood when to write kwh and when to write kw.

As I understand it, when you talk about the battery size, you write e.g: An 80kwh battery.

For the charging capacity, it is then kwh per hour and the hour is shortened so only kw remains.

Is that correct? k:thinking:

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• Please explain this to me for dummies as I have not yet understood when to write kwh and when to write kw.

As I understand it, when you talk about the battery size, you write e.g: An 80kwh battery.

For the charging capacity, it is then kwh per hour and the hour is shortened so only kw remains.

Is that correct? k:thinking:

Almost.

"k" stands for 1,000.

Watt is "W" (not "w").

Correspondingly for refueling, liters (l) and l/min.

For the Taycan, theoretically with a charging capacity of 270 kW, this means 10 min for charging 45 kWh.

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Eskala75

The storage volume of a battery is casually referred to as kWh and kW as the power delivered/received.

So if you are talking about battery capacity, it is shown in kWh and if you use a charger or deliver "electricity" yourself, the power is given in kW... 😉 ✌️ 🙋🏼‍♂️

• Thank you both.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• Supplement to this: It is easier to understand if I describe how the values are displayed in Carscanner. You can see the current "consumption".

It may be 1000 W or 1 kW when stationary or 15 kW when driving quietly or 272 kW when accelerating quickly, but it also shows - 56 kW when you brake slowly. The inverter then controls the motor as a dynamo and generates this power. Whether you use -145 kW recuperation when braking at traffic lights on a country road or +145 kW when accelerating slowly afterwards, the load is the same, only once you take energy from the battery and the other time you put energy into the battery. However, the battery is not taken into account here. It also makes no difference to the display whether you are recuperating at 145 kW or charging at the Tesla Supercharger. It always shows -145 kW. Not that we are misunderstanding each other, you can of course see exactly from other display values whether it is recuperating or charging, but in this absolute display it rightly looks the same.

The storage capacity of the battery is given in kWh. It only makes sense to have a unit of time in an electric car when it comes to the storage capacity. After all, you want to know how long a car will run on it. Hour is the index value, it is derived from the standard physical unit coulomb, which corresponds to 1 AS (ampere-second). 83.4 kWh means that you can theoretically draw 83.4 kW for one hour or 8.34 kW for ten hours. But kWh/h doesn't make sense (although BMW indicates this when the car is stationary). This is because you are actually measuring the consumers and not the battery. If you measure the battery, the percentage has proven itself for the status and for the forecast the division of the capacity by an assumed index consumption per 100 km, which leads to a km specification.

• The car is actually supposed to be charged with 180kwh at peak - the first time I charged it, I saw 150kwh. Never again after that. Compared to the Taycan, Nissan, Tesla or Ioniq 5, it's a poverty game. The Vw charges 4-5 times slower than the competition - that's the end of the story for me.

Charge at Ionity or the 300KW chargers from Aral Pulse - VW gives 28 minutes for the GTX.

charging time for the charging process from 10 to 80 %.

The battery should - if possible - be preconditioned, this should be done automatically,

when you use the on-board navigation to drive to the charging station.