My Porsche App

• The alleged "real-time navigation including current traffic consideration" is a farce.

I can not say so. This year to Italy we had gained almost ne hour (in-laws are driven the normal way without traffic consideration).

This post has been automatically translated.

991.2 GT3RS, Audi RS3 8Y, VW T6 Multivan LR

• An hour ago again the accuracy of the occupancy data experienced live: Ionity LEchwiesen South, according to Navi 1 of 4 stalls is free. Normally this means full occupancy with waiting. But today not - 4 of 4 free. Since I did a telco, I charged to SoC 99 percent and spent about 30 min there. The occupancy rate stayed at 1/4. After about 20 min an iX came by. In the 10 mins until I moved on, nothing changed in the occupancy reading either.

Sure there are delays, but with data forwarding you are quite far away from "real time". I would be satisfied with a five minute interval. So you can forget about connectivity ;).

• With regard to the occupancy of the columns, it has always mattered to me, I had already mentioned recently. These snapshots are not nearly up to date and therefore little to no help. But there seems to be different opinions on this, all ok. Just decided for myself.

The real-time navigation is imho coupled with Google Maps and that was the only reason that made me doubt whether I do not still need Connect. I will continue to monitor, can be reactivated at any time. On the one hand, the traffic jam warning was very helpful, on the other hand, the notes on road works very annoying, because sometimes not up to date and road works are m.E. sufficiently well signposted with early restriction of speed, I do not need notes of the Navi with "Attention, road works on the A.."

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• With regard to the occupancy of the columns, it has always mattered to me, I had already mentioned recently. These snapshots are not nearly up to date and therefore little to no help. But there seems to be different opinions on this, all ok. Just decided for myself.

The real-time navigation is imho coupled with Google Maps and that was the only reason that made me doubt whether I do not still need Connect. I will continue to monitor, can be reactivated at any time. On the one hand, the traffic jam warning was very helpful, on the other hand, the notes on construction sites very annoying, because sometimes not up to date and construction sites are m.E. sufficiently well signposted with early restriction of speed, I do not need any hints of the Navi with "Attention, construction site on the A.."

With the occupancy of the columns you can already rely to some extent on the display. Continuous red with very small yellow interruptions means waiting time and better look for another charging option.

The PCM Navi can not be coupled with Google Maps, because I regularly switch back and forth between the two and the differences are huge, especially in the city. And Google wouldn't announce "Attention, full closure on route. No alternative can be provided" or something. In most cases, the full closure does not exist and in 95% of cases it can be easily bypassed if you use your brain or turn on Google Maps.

• Hello all,

Lately my app (and also the access via the computer) shows me every now and then that my Taycan would be in "private mode". Only when I then later set off again and sitting in the Taycan or after the trip the app loads again, it is corrected again....

Does anyone have any idea what this could be due to? Or is it just the way it is.....?!

JO

• Lately my app (and also the access via the computer) shows me every now and then that my Taycan would be in "private mode". Only when I then later set off again and sitting in the Taycan or after the trip load the app again, it is corrected again....

Exactly the same for me.

• I've had this happen twice now. I then always have to manually correct in my autologg logbook, because the last trip is only finished when the car is back online.

• CT2023

B3S

Is really stupid, but nice not to have this annoying problem alone....that makes me feel much better.... k:drinks:

JO

• Hello,

does anyone else have problems with the app? Since yesterday, no connection can be established between the car and the app.

The portal "my.porsche.com" cannot receive any data either ?

The car is not parked in an underground garage and has excellent network coverage.

Now the car is connected to the charging station and I can always walk back and forth to see how far it is :(

• This morning it still said "Connect services in progress" although I didn't change anything.

For an hour now:

And when I go to the homepage under active contracts, it says that it is currently being processed (but next to it it says that my Connect services are still active until April). I think the server is down. Please let it be online again tomorrow morning - have to switch on the parking heater at 5am 8:-) :rf: :rf:

991.2 GT3RS, Audi RS3 8Y, VW T6 Multivan LR