US car from Salvage Auction - Your opinion

• One person who does this comparatively well is Artur Tussik - his videos are a small taste of what can be behind a salvage title.

Take your time to watch and then decide whether you really want the vehicle (which in this case came from .de)...

There's no question that the guy is a good craftsman. :khat:

But he's putting two cars together, freehand with chains and on wooden blocks? I'm no expert, but surely a straightening bench would be needed to put the halves straight together, wouldn't it?

Galvanizing the sheet metal with a spray can?

Phew!

This post has been automatically translated.

• There is no question that a car should and must be professionally repaired. How many service centers have their own paint and bodywork department? As a rule, the work is carried out in a certified workshop and the center takes care of the entire process.

• There is no question that a car should and must be professionally repaired. How many service centers have their own paint and bodywork department? As a rule, the work is carried out in a certified workshop and the center takes care of the entire process.

Hello Jürgi,

Exactly as you say: Most PZs give these jobs to body/paint stores that are certified by Porsche.

... Of course, my post should be seen as a cautionary tale.
    I could also link to videos where it's even worse.

I wouldn't wish such a car on anyone.

Greetings Stefan

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• Yes, I also took that as a warning. In my eyes, he's a terrible bodger, although he has good craftsmanship. But he doesn't adhere to anything that could remotely be considered standard.

I wouldn't want to drive a single kilometer with a corkscrew like that.

• Now I'm going to ask you a provocative question?

Would you buy a car from the Porsche Center that has a Salvage Title?

and yes, this constellation also exists.

• If the approved has and the price is right...

• If the approved has and the price is right ...

... actually, the can get no more Approved with the history - if not someone looks the other way - or ...?

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• In Germany, they can only be approved if a service center has repaired the car according to factory specifications. This is documented and certified. And then you can buy it (if you want).

Advantage: At least the track is properly adjusted. Porsche doesn't need to do that.

Machen ist wie wollen, nur viel krasser.

• Good morning

I too am just about to buy a Carrera 4S Cabrio from the USA with moderate accident damage . However, no comparison to the Turbo here in the video . Affected are only bumper fenders and radiator so a slight bang front left.

I would like the car but before buying exactly measured (3D) is also so agreed only with positive result it comes to the purchase wheel alignment, accident report extra of this damage and TÜV full acceptance. I am aware that the cars are usually notorious, but I think here it depends on how the car is damaged whether the frame what got off and how he was repaired by whom. I'm positive but let's see what comes out (February 2022) Greetings and Happy New Year Stefan